Practice


Practice History

The premises was previously a 4 bedroom house. Dr Rajan acquired it for the purpose of conversion to a GP surgery under an improvement grant scheme. West London Health architects converted the premises to the latest NHS standards in 1996. Heathrow Medical Centre first opened on 1st October 1996, with a list of about 1300 patients. To begin with Dr Rajan was the only doctor seeing patients and there was one part-time nurse and only two part-time receptionists. Since then the practice has continued to improve both quality of care and access to greater number of people.

In 2000, the practice secured a second improvement grant for premises expansion. This was to improve and accommodate the additional patients and staff. This project involved the construction of a 4m x10m extension to allow relocation of the waiting room and reception. We continue to provide full disabled access and facilities. 

Practice Staff

2 GP Partners
2 GP Locums
1 full-time Practice Nurse
1 full-time Practice Manager
1 part-time Practice Administrator
1 part-time IT Manager
4 part-time Receptionists
1 part-time Cleaner

As the practice continues to develop, there is a need to explain exactly what the changes are, how this are to be implemented and how it may affect working patterns. To identify any areas of concern the practice has regular meetings monthly alternating between practice staff and ancillary staff.

Whenever, possible the practice manager invites special guest speakers to address a variety of different issues eg. fire, security, first aid, child protection etc.

Practice Leaflet

Download a copy of our practice leaflet PDF.